header image

Week 1: Blogging

Posted by: | August 25, 2012 | 3 Comments |

My name is Jared Jones. I am a junior high band director in Bentonville, Arkansas and am starting my 3rd year of teaching.  I have a passion for music, teaching, and technology. Where those three things intersect is when I am the happiest!

This year has opened up a few great opportunities and possibilities. First of all, I applied for and received a 21st Century Technology Grant through my school district which will give me 30 iPads (2nd Gen) and the wireless infrastructure to support them in my classroom. I was also asked to present a technology staff development during early week as well as a classroom management presentation to the staff in my building. Lastly, the president of Arkansas’s Music Educator’s Association has contacted me and requested that I present an iPad clinic at their Fall Conference in November. There is a lot going on and I am excited to embrace all these wonderful opportunities!

When I have spare time I enjoy cooking, kayaking, hiking and photography. This past summer I traveled to some of the most beautiful state parks in the United States (Yellowstone, Glacier, Mount Rushmore and the Bad Lands) where I was able to get some amazing photos.

As dynamics change I have become much more interested in technology and how it can be used in the classroom to integrate 21st Century Literacy. I thoroughly enjoyed the classes I took over the summer for this program and am looking forward to what this semester has to offer!

under: EDTH 735*99 Coursework

3 Comments

1. By: Sara Welter on August 31, 2012 at 2:22 am      

I have always enjoyed your responses that you post on your blog or the class site. Congratulations on your iPad grant. I know the grant application process is lengthy so that is really cool.

2. By: jhundley on September 4, 2012 at 12:23 am      

Congrats on your grant that is awesome. It will be great to hear what you do with the iPads in your classroom. With your photography maybe you can give me some tips for our pictures of South Africa.

3. By: missy flynn on September 16, 2012 at 3:52 am      

Congratulations on the grant. That is wonderful. I’m interested on hearing how you are integrating the iPad in your classes. Our school is implementing iPads in our 6th grade for the first time this year so I would like to know how other districts are implementing them as well.